Ice Fishing Derby Rules
- All participants MUST SIGN UP at Soldotna Trustworthy Hardware & Fishing BEFORE going fishing.
- All fish must be caught by rod and reel, tip-up, or hand line.
- All fish entered must be caught from a Kenai Peninsula FRESH WATER FROZEN LAKE.
- All fish entered must be caught through a drilled or chopped hole in solid ice. No open water fish will be accepted.
- All fishermen must follow all current Fish & Game regulations.
- Once fish are caught, they must be brought into Soldotna Trustworthy to be weighed within ONE (1) day.
- All fish will be weighed on a scale provided by Soldotna Trustworthy Hardware & Fishing. The same scale will be used on all fish to insure a set standard.
- No fish shall be altered in any way to attempt to increase its weight.
- Soldotna Trustworthy will make any and all decisions concerning eligibility of any fish entries.
- Any fish that is a potential winner or has a question on eligibility can be HELD by Soldotna Trustworthy until it can be verified by Soldotna Trustworthy; or, if needed, by ADF&G genetic testing to determine rule violations or watershed origination.
This is the second year of our Catch & Release derby.
This derby IS separate from our original derby. All fish eligibility will be determined by ethical release, picture, and length. Check out the regulations on the Catch & Release page.
ANY VIOLATIONS OF THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN PERMANENT DISQUALIFICATION.
***HAVE FUN , BE SAFE, & GET OUT FISHING***